Computer Use Policy
1. Internet facilities are intended for school-related purposes only. Therefore, the use of computer facilities for any illegal activity is strictly prohibited. No games are allowed including Internet games, etc.
2. Only authorized users may have access to the network facilities.
3. Respect the integrity of the computer system.
4. Do not develop or activate programs that harass other users, infiltrate a computer system, or alter the hardware or software components.
5. Any user who receives or is aware of inappropriate communication or behaviour is to report this to the appropriate school authority.
1. Do not share your password.
2. Do not use another user’s account.
3. Do not use the computer or network in such a way that it disrupts the use of the system, services, traffic or equipment. Disruptions include, but are not limited to, propagation of computer viruses and using a network to make unauthorized entry to any other machine.
4. Do not use the system to download software.
5. Be polite and not abusive in your messages to others.
6. Use appropriate language. Do not swear, use vulgarities or any other inappropriate language.
7. Personal information, such as addresses, phone numbers, gender, age and unauthorized images, should not be posted in the public domain.
8. Be aware that electronic mail (e-mail) is not guaranteed to be private. People who operate the system do have access to all network usage.
9. Any user who receives or is aware of inappropriate communication or behaviour is to report this to the appropriate school authority.
10. The Network Administrator has the right to view and/or delete user files without prior notice to the user when he or she deems that the stability, integrity and/or security of the system are threatened. The Network Administrator also has the right to terminate any process if deemed necessary to maintain network operations.