Thoughtful Food Project
Discover information about a joint project between MRHS and the Musquodoboit Valley Healthy Schools Community Committee - in partnership with
the Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage
- High school students at MRHS will learn to grow food and cook it, then will serve it to fellow students and seniors.
- Students will plan meals, budget and buy from local partner producers.
- Students will host a Food-for-All Symposium in September, exploring topics of gardening, nutrition, cooking,food security, and being a young agrarian.
- A seniors’ garden in Middle Musquodoboit and a community garden in Meaghers Grant will be built.
- Partner producers will pre-sell food needed for communal meals.
They’ll work work with youth videographers documenting local food production.