Storm Day Procedures for Exams - 2018/19
STORM DAY PROCEDURES FOR EXAMINATIONS - 2018-19
Please carefully review the following examination procedures:
Schools must follow the examination schedule set by the Halifax Regional Centre for Education and published in the 2018-2019 School Calendar.
HRCE high schools are instructed to handle school closures in the following manner:
If a high school is closed during a scheduled exam day, the exam schedule is adjusted by advancing it one day for each missed exam day.
- Example: If there is a school cancellation on Monday, January 28
- All Monday’s exams move to Tuesday, January 29
- All Tuesday’s exams move to Wednesday, January 30
- All Wednesday’s exams move to Thursday, January 31 and
- All Thursday’s exams move to Friday, February 1
If there is a delayed opening, the morning exam will be re-scheduled (to a make-up block) and the afternoon exam will proceed as scheduled.
- February 1 is currently a scheduled Assessment & Evaluation Day for high schools. If the exam schedule is advanced by one day, the Assessment & Evaluation Day would move to February 4. In addition, the start of Semester Two would move ahead one day to February 5.